My first Birchbox was kind of a flop. It was nice, but nothing special. March was a little bit better. I chose the option to pick one sample and have the rest of the box be a surprise. I picked Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Cream ($30) because I’ve been dying to try it out. It was definitely the best product in the box and I’m about 90 percent sure I’ll be buying a full size bottle.
The other products I got:
- Supergoop Daily Correct CC Cream SPF 35 ($32) – I actually really like this stuff. It offers just a little bit of coverage. It’s less than I normally wear, but for just running around it’s not bad. I can’t see myself ever purchasing it for $32, though.
- Prescriptives Camouflage Cream ($22) – Ugh I had such high hopes for this!! I am desperate for a concealer that can cover my dark circles without looking dried out and cakey, but this wasn’t that impressive.
- Marcelle Ultimate Volume Nano Mascara ($15) – I was pleasantly surprised with this mascara! A few years ago, I discovered Chanel mascara and thought I was ruined forever because no drugstore mascara could compare. But this is awesome! It’s got a tiny brush that can get into all the crevices and coat even the littlest lashes. I think I’ll be purchasing a full size when I’m out. Though it looks like it’s only available online.
- OUAI Leave In Conditioner ($26) – This is a great sample size! I wish all the samples were this big. I like this leave in conditioner, but I can’t really tell if it’s doing that much. If I was going to spend this much, I’d go for the It’s A Ten Miracle Leave-In.
- R+Co TELEVISION Perfect Hair Shampoo & Conditioner ($30 & $32) – Ok, I desperately wish this shampoo and conditioner didn’t cost so much because I like both a lot. I felt like I had to use more shampoo than normal, but it wasn’t at all drying to my curly hair and the conditioner makes it feel really nice. But I’d just never spend that much.
So I’ve got one more month in the three-month subscription I paid for. April’s curated box looks promising so I think I’m going to go for that, instead of choosing one of the three samples. But April will be the end of my Birchbox experiment. I’d much rather just get free samples from Sephora or spend my $10 on something I know I’ll like.